My husband does not want to prepare a Will. We have minor children. What will happen to my children if we don’t have a Will in place?

If neither of you execute a Will and you and your spouse die leaving young children behind, the Court will appoint a legal guardian.  This can cause family feuding, be expensive and stressful.  If your husband does not prepare a Will, but you prepare a Will and in it nominate a guardian for your children, and later you both die, the Court will take into consideration your recommendation and in most cases will appoint that individual as guardian for your children.

Bookmark the permalink.

Comments are closed.